The presents are opened, the Christmas cookies devoured, and the kooky relatives cleared out. Here's how to make the most of those last few blessed vacation days at your parents' house—and gear up for a fabulous 2015!
1. Play New Year's Eve bartender. Shake, stir, and muddle your way to a kick-ass NYE celebration with these 20 guaranteed-to-impress cocktails recipes. And for God's sake put on some tights—it's January!
2. Go on, be a couch potato. Season 3 of "House of Cards" hits Netflix in February. What better way to come down from your holiday high than a good binge watch, and perhaps a little behind-the-scenes tour? Step into Frank and Claire's to-die-for townhouse with set designer Steve Arnold and Lonny.
3. Dress to impress at midnight. Whether you'll be ringing in the New Year at a cozy chalet, an over-the-top-glam soiree, or a hip party, Style Editor Sarah Storms has your outfit hookup—and there's not a plastic crown in sight.
4. Fix your parents' dated decor. Does your mom's idea of decorating involve seashell-filled bowls? Be a true back-home baller, and help upgrade the residence of the people who gave you life with these 10 easy and impactful DIY projects.
5. Build a better Pinterest board. You came, you saw, you pinned up a STORM. The internet has spoken, and these are your top 50 pins of 2014. Now get to work upgrading that "Dream Home" board.
6. Plan a winter escape. Now that winter is massively depressing, it's time to start your warm-weather vacation research and/or angsty wanderlusting. Check out 40+ of the most stylish hotels around the world.
7. Bring this (not that!) to a NYE bash. Champagne is so passé. Level up your New Year's Eve party with clever chalkboard balloons, winter's answer to the flower crown, and DIY hangover-curing gift bags for your guests.
8. Fall down an Internet wormhole. We wish you the happiest of post-Christmas days, which is to say, those spent getting lost in the wonderful world of Instagram dogs, then falling asleep on the couch.
9. Party like it's 2015. "Should auld acquaintance be forgot..." hums inaudible gibberish because what even is this song? Put down the plastic champagne glass and modernize your New Year's Eve celebration with 13 of the coolest and most unexpected decorations from Etsy.
10. Make a design resolution. The holidays were great and all, but now it's time to get down to business. Who's ready? In the spirit of a brand new year, we're sharing our personal design resolutions for 2015—and they're all better than going to the gym.