Can you smell that? That’s the comforting scent of pumpkin spice lattes wafting through the ready-to-change leaves, promising that fall is almost within our reach. With the onset of a new season, your wardrobe is, of course, the first thing to change—cutoffs are swapped for cable knits, your favorite sandals stowed for leather boots. But your home deserves a seasonal zhoosh just the same, right? There’s no better person to guide our homes through this most-exciting seasonal transition than Estee Stanley, celebrity fashion stylist and interior designer to A-listers like Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake, Lea Michele, and Patrick Dempsey. The style maven shared with us ten, simple yet impactful ideas, tweaks, and changes—from upgrading throw pillows to choosing the right candle—that’ll make your home a hibernation oasis until you're ready to break out the Christmas decorations and beyond.
1. "Change the fragrance of your candles so they have more of a holiday feeling. Go for a warmer, muskier scent—Diptyque Fig is perfect."
2. "Store your seasonal items safely and carefully. I use an amazing concierge storage company called Clutter Storage that packs, organizes and stores my pieces and delivers items back on demand."
3. "Add textured throw blankets to couches and beds in wool and cashmere; I love a good Ralph Lauren cashmere blanket."
4. "Switching out pillows is always an easy, inexpensive way to make things seem like fall—darker, jewel tones work well."
5. "Style your bedding to feel more seasonal. Adding linens in rich colors, plaids and prints is great for fall."
6. "Flowers are an easy change. Aim for more leafy, darker, orange tones. I love Bouqs.com for all things flowers. Pieces of holly work well also."
7. "You can change up your wine selection and incorporate heavier reds in the mix. I love Club W for wines. They have so many great options."
8. "Dressing up your tables is another easy update. Using different colored napkins and place settings makes it feel a bit more festive for fall."
9. "Start printing photos you have from the year, and put some in wood frames and some in silver."
10. "Updating hand towels in your bathrooms is another nice touch that is often overlooked. Try making putting out darker, richer tones for fall."