Name: Miles Redd
Resides in: New York City
Occupation: Interior designer and creative director of Oscar de la Renta Home
Best known for: His no-holds-barred take on colorful, original spaces
1. Antique or modern?
Definitely antique, but with the occasional modern flourish.
2. City or country?
3. Which colors do you use most?
4. Favorite materials or textures?
5. What is your favorite interior design–related word?
6. Does your home look like the one you grew up in?
7. Does a room need a view?
No, I have always thought views were overrated—not the view inside, but outside.
8. Favorite designer or architect?
Oscar de la Renta.
9. Which design blog, website, TV show, or magazine would you be lost without?
The World of Interiors.
10. What qualities do you most admire in a room?
11. What is a forbidden word in your house?
The list is quite long, but let's start with moist.
12. Design rule you like to break?
There are no rules.
13. What is your favorite room in the house?
14. What is your most treasured possession?
A drawing of a panther that my friend Leslie Hearn gave me.
15. What do you wish you could do without?
I wish that I was not such a creature of habit.
16. What are you afraid to DIY?
I mostly hire out these days—so let's say everything.
17. Have you ever had a change of heart about an object or a style?
Oh yes, we all grow.
18. If you could live in one historical figure’s house, whose would it be?
Roderick Cameron's Villa Fiorentina comes to mind.
19. On what movie set would you like to live?
How to Murder Your Wife.
20. What is your favorite design errand or journey?
Lately, I like making curious lampshades.
21. To which country would you move for the design?
22. What's your favorite hotel?
23. If you were reborn as a piece of furniture or an object, what would it be?
A slipper chair.