« Tap to Next Article »

Warning: Your IKEA Mixing Bowl Might Start A Fire

The BLANDA BLANK bowl is so lit.

Warning: Your IKEA Mixing Bowl Might Start A Fire

In today's news of random home items that aren't as safe as they seemed, a video has begun circulating the internet showing a common IKEA kitchen item in a steamy situation. The BLANDA BLANK, a simple stainless steel mixing bowl, literally can set things on fire. See the evidence below.

After innocently munching on grapes out of the BLANDA BLANK on a sunny day in Sweden, Richard Walter noticed smoke rising out of the bowl. "I saw it was burning,” he said to Aftonbladet. “How is that possible, I thought. Then I saw there was one intense point where [the sun] hit the twigs, and that’s where it started.” He then tested out his theory with a piece of newspaper and saw it quickly turn to ash. 

IKEA is now testing out the product's safety, but have stated that “many different parameters would have to converge” for the contents to catch on fire. In the meantime, we're going to keep our mixing bowls in the kitchen to avoid starting any wildfires in our neighborhoods.